Siping, Jilin Province

Siping, Jilin Province

January 30, 2014

Faces: Why I Stayed

Here is a look back at some of my students from each semester I have taught in China. These people are why I stayed.

These were the first students of mine that I taught- Monday morning at 10:00am. Ever since my first day of teaching in China, this class has had a special place in my heart.

Lots of great conversations and relationships happened in this class. This was always the funnest class I taught last year.

These are the guys in my Freshman Business English class- Carter, Corin, Dante, & Ashton (yes, I did give them those names). Their English isn't great, but every class they sit right behind my podium on the front row ready to begin. I love getting to teaching them and am looking forward to hanging out more this new year!

These girls are also some of my new freshmen. Their English is pretty good and they are all close friends with each other which has led to some fun times together! ...they made me sit in the middle...

These were some of my seniors last year! These dear people all hold a special place in my heart, and I feel honored at the fact that I can call them friends. 

Last but not least- Johnson, Little Star, Leo, & Edison. I had a ton of fun with these guys! They helped with my haircuts, brought a lot of joy to class, and always kept things interesting!