Siping, Jilin Province

Siping, Jilin Province

March 10, 2014

Student Writings

Two weeks after returning to class, semester is in full swing! I received a few new classes this semester, and as always, I gave them a survey about their English. Here are my favorite answers:

List an area where you think your English is good.
Redding

List an area your English needs to improve in.
Writting.
All.

Write about one thing you are looking forward to, or not looking forward to, about this class.
You are well done.
I hope we can have a freedom class
Cosplaying

Do you watch English movies?
Yes. for few years, I like to watch English movies. In vacation, I watch the movie of “the scissors Edwards” it’s great.

When foreigners speak to other foreigners, how much are you able to understand?
To be honest, I have no exactly idea
I feel they are talking “blah blah blah…” some of it


Another one of the assignments for my writing class was for my students to create a story based around a picture from one of my past vacations to Thailand. Below is one example of a picture and the accompanying story.


Mr. Sweeting was playing with an elephant. We guess that the elephant is female. The elephant must love Mr. Sweeting. The boy was playing with them, too. The elephant though: Oh, my gosh! He’s my man. How he is alike my forth husband ~ oh, don't go, boy!!! Mr. Sweeting felt very excited. Then the elephant rolled him up. Sweeting had a question to ask “why doesn’t the elephant have tusks?” The elephant said, “I pulled out a tooth to give to Mr. Sweeting as a gift.”
“No, I am a human, you are an animal. I can’t date you. You’re lovely, but…I’m so sorry” said Sweeting.

“wo, wo, wo” a cry from the elephant.